- Senior Managing Director
- Strategic Communications
- T: +34 91 524 3859
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Financial Communications
- Reputation Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Juan Rivera is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Strategic Communications practice and is based in Spain.
Juan has more than 20 years of professional experience in strategic communications and corporate reputation issues and specialises in financial communications around transactions such as mergers, acquisitions or corporate restructurings. He has advised over 150 clients in Europe and America and written regularly about corporate reputation in the Spanish and Latin American media, as well as conducting numerous academic seminars and workshops.
Juan was a partner at Llorente y Cuenca firm and established the firm's office in Mexico. He has also held senior roles at Caja Navarra Group and Burson-Marsteller. Juan is fluent in English and Spanish.
He has led a multitude of projects, including:
- expert witness in the Mexican courts on behalf of an infrastructure company, to prove how a smear campaign adversely affected the stock market value of the company.
- expert witness in the Spanish courts, relating to a moral damages claim against a financial entity associated with the asset dispute.
- adviser of a telecommunication consortium in the tender (and award) of a 7.2 Bn. USD concession project (APP).
- adviser of a listed real estate company in a corporate restructuring process.
- adviser of an oil & gas company during a dispute with a foreign government and the defense against a hostile takeover bid attempt.
- adviser of multiple financial entities during the concentration processes in the Spanish market.
- adviser of foreign investment and private equity funds in Mexico, valuing the reputational and context risk in the event of investment decisions.
- adviser to various food companies involved in regulatory risk issues.
- government adviser to a country’s brand and PR campaign.
Juan Rivera also worked in Caja Navarra Group as Director of Communication and Corporate Affairs.