- Senior Director
- T: +61 2 9235 9318
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- M.Sc., Computer Security and Forensics
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Forensic Technology
Christopher Hatfield is an experienced technologist at FTI Consulting, specialising in providing forensic technology solutions to a broad range of clients across multiple industries and jurisdictions.
For over 18 years' Chris has worked in the fields of forensic technology, information security, and cyber investigations, gaining considerable experience in both the technical and strategic application of technology-centric solutions for his clients.
Chris advises clients in the areas of digital forensics and e-discovery during investigations, litigation, arbitration, and regulatory inquiries. His engagement experience includes multi-jurisdictional investigations and regulatory inquiries relating to anti-competitive behaviour, serious fraud, bribery and corruption related matters and intellectual property theft.
Chris has worked onsite for clients across the globe including Dubai, Kenya, South Africa Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, and Belgium. He has provided both written and oral expert evidence in court, as well written expert evidence to other forums such as employment tribunals and arbitrations.
Throughout his career Chris has assisted in developing and delivering Master of Science educational programmes tailored to experienced professionals working within the digital investigations and security fields.
During his early career, Chris worked in UK law enforcement conducting crime scene to court room investigations. He investigated criminal offences including offences under the Computer Misuse Act that remains applicable to incident response investigations and intellectual property theft within a corporate environment. It was during this role that Chris was recognised as an expert witness and has since continued to provide expert evidence in criminal and civil matters.
Who's Who Legal have recognised Chris in the areas of Forensics & Litigation Consulting Digital, Data & E-discovery, and as a Future Leader in Digital Forensics.
- WWL says: Hatfield is a "real strategist" and clients describe him as "fiercely talented"
- WWL says: Christopher Hatfield is an outstanding consultant who offers clients more than 15 years of specialist experience in a range of matters, including e-discovery, litigation support and digital forensics.
- WWL says: Christopher Hatfield is “an expert” in the digital forensics sphere who garners praise for his strong track record managing complex multi-jurisdictional investigations.