VAT is a complex tax. Even a business not involved in the myriad of exemptions and reliefs can find itself with VAT issues leading to assessments and penalties from HMRC. Whether clients are looking to reduce cost, enhance cash flow or reduce risk, our team is able to provide commercial VAT solutions and advice based on sound principles and best practice.
For many businesses, VAT is a significant cost, both actual and from a cash flow perspective, and a heavy compliance burden. So getting the right advice is critical. Our highly experienced VAT professionals combine significant technical expertise with a hands-on approach to the delivery and implementation of VAT solutions across a range of industries.
Whether you are looking to reduce cost, enhance cash flow, structure a transaction in a VAT efficient manner or achieve competitive advantage, FTI Consulting can provide commercial solutions based on sound principles and best practices.
Also, we provide advice and support in respect of Customs and Excise duties, to ensure businesses have robust processes and controls and minimise the costs of international supply chains.
Our VAT and Customs and Excise services include:
- Complex consultancy projects, including liability issues and value, time and place of supply issues
- VAT cash flow planning
- VAT refunds
- VAT heath checks
- Cross-border issues, including import and export, international services, intra-EU trade, intrastat and EC Sales Lists
- Transaction support, including merger/integration issues
- Partial exemption and capital goods scheme planning
- Negotiating with HMRC to resolve disputes and minimise penalties
- Customs and Excise process and control reviews
- Indirect tax BREXIT supply chain reviews
Member of the WTS Global International Network. Locally rooted - Globally connected.