Our industry-focused team has extensive experience in advising on all aspects of the real estate ownership cycle, from acquisitions to disposals, joint ventures through to compliance and transfer pricing. Comprised of specialists from across the Big Four accounting firms, the team thrives on complexity, advising on high value cross border transactions, and acts as a hub on European investments.
Property transactions often involve specific and potentially complex tax considerations. Whether you are an investor, developer or occupier, FTI Consulting offers a broad range of services – combining tax, surveying and accounting – that delivers practical and innovative solutions for clients involved in significant capital transactions.
Our senior team members are recognised as leaders in their field, having advised corporations, funds, governments and industry bodies in both the UK and internationally on all tax aspects relating to complex asset investments.
The areas in which we help our clients include:
- Transactions, from fund and joint venture structuring advice, both in the UK and internationally, to tax structuring for acquisitions, development projects, disposals of real estate and tax due diligence on corporate acquisitions.
- Capital allowances transaction advice and analysis of capital expenditure, including land remediation relief claims. This offering is enhanced by our experience in fixed asset process improvement and retrospective review to ensure optimal capital allowances and deferred revenue claims.
- Stamp duty land tax (SDLT), land and buildings transaction tax (LBTT) in Scotland and annual tax on enveloped dwellings (ATED).
- VAT compliance and planning, including the complexities of mixed-use developments and fund/asset management fees.
- Tax compliance and reporting for UK companies and non-resident landlords. We offer a “cradle to grave” tax compliance and reporting service with the benefit of being free from any audit conflicts.
- Transfer pricing – we provide benchmarking and reporting services in relation to related party debt financing, management fee structures and lease agreements.
- We advise both landlords and occupiers on all aspects of real estate lease transactions, from initial incentives to renewal, dilapidations and surrenders.
Read more about the Real Estate advisory team.
Member of the WTS Global International Network. Locally rooted - Globally connected.