- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +44 20 3727 1692
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- The University of Sheffield
- Chartered Accountant (CA), Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services
- Transaction Advisory
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
Sam Gregory-Smith is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Corporate Finance practice and European Tax Advisory group in London.
Sam’s focus is advising on real estate transactions, and has experience that spans a broad range of structures and asset classes. Sam has worked with a diverse real estate client base that includes private equity, family offices, institutional funds and sovereign wealth funds, private and public companies (including REITs).
Sam’s tax advisory experience includes due diligence and structuring of acquisitions and disposals, financing and refinancing considerations, exit planning, and tax forecasting, including the management of UK and international teams in dealing with the direct, indirect and transfer tax position on transaction related matters.
Sam joined FTI Consulting in 2014, having previously been at Deloitte, specialising in the tax matters that impact the real estate, hospitality and leisure industries.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a US investor on over £600m of acquisitions and disposals of prime central London retail properties.
- Advising an Asian investor on the £70m purchase of a central London office property.
- Due diligence in relation to the purchase of a £80m UK shopping centre owned by a unit trust.
- Vendor due diligence in relation to the disposal of a £250m portfolio of four London hotels.
- Acquisition due diligence and structuring in relation to a £100m portfolio of UK science parks.
- Advising on the acquisition and lease restructuring of a £50m residential development.
- Advising a private equity fund in relation to the tax implications of the restructuring of its investment in the distressed debt of a UK hotel group.
Sam holds an MEng (First-class honours) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Sheffield, and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Investment Property Forum.