- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance
- T: +34 91 360 4690
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- M.B.A., IE Business School
- B.S., Business Administration, Roma III University
- Bankruptcy Process & Contingency Planning
- Interim Management
- Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
- Office of the CFO Solutions
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Diversified Industrials
Riccardo Pacelli is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. Riccardo is a member of the Corporate Finance practice and is based in Madrid.
Riccardo brings 14 years of experience in general management, performance improvement and financial restructuring, having worked previously in the Investment Banking division of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and in Key Energy Services Mexico.
Within FTI Consulting, Riccardo has worked for several clients delivering “Office of the CFO” solutions, providing specialised Finance function support to implement turnarounds, cost reduction/cash generation measures and improve accounting & reporting procedures.
Before joining FTI Consulting, Riccardo worked in Merrill Lynch, where he served clients across a variety of business areas, mainly consumer retail and multi-industry sectors, delivering comprehensive guidance on acquisitions, divestitures, takeovers, spinoffs, LBO and joint ventures.
During 2014 and 2015, Riccardo has worked as Finance Director with responsibility for operating turnaround and financial restructuring of Key Energy Mexico, subsidiary of US-listed Key Energy Services Inc and leading rig-based well-servicing contractor in Mexico with $150m annual revenues.
Riccardo received a B.Sc., cum laude in Business Administration from “Università Roma III” in Italy, and an MBA., from IE Business School. As an Italian national, Riccardo is fluent in Italian, English and Spanish.
His recent experience include:
- Currently, Riccardo is acting as CRO (after 5 months as interim CFO) of Italian tier-1 supplier in the aeronautic sector, owned by UK based private equity firm, leading the implementation of a post-funding restructuring plan aimed to re-establish Company financial strength and re-launch the business.
- Most recently, engaged by a PE-owned Italian sportswear group to actively managed working capital to minimize cash absorption whilst minimizing damage to business relationships.
- Acted as financial advisor to a Spanish Group specialized in radio network infrastructures in rebuilding and refining short term cash flow forecast, liquidity projections and monthly reporting pack.
- Acted as interim Finance Director of Key Energy Mexico for 18 months, responsible of the Admin & Finance department (30 employees) and as FCPA representative, improving the quality of financial reporting package, procurement procedures and the accuracy of cash forecasting tools.
- Developed a comprehensive Opex reduction plan for the largest tourism & leisure group in Southern Europe, with a turnover of €2.5bn and 5,000 employees.
- Supported SteerCo on the financial restructuring of one of the largest steel conglomerates in Spain with sales of €1.6bn and €1.2bn of debt.
- Advised the bondholders of a Spanish construction materials group with a turnover of €700m and operations across Europe. Riccardo supported the client on the refinancing process, performing “going concern” and insolvency group valuation.