Fernando Niño Quintero
- Senior Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +57 1 319 8400
- M: +57 320 457 1936
- Calle 77 No 11-19 piso 2
- T: +57 1 319 8400
- Lawyer, Universidad Católica de Colombia
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Member of the International Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - ACFE
- Member of the Colombian Institute of Internal Auditors
- Specialist in Forensic Audit; Universidad Externado de Colombia - 2013
- Specialist in Criminal Law Universidad Católica de Colombia January 2000
- Specialist in Insurance Universidad Externado de Colombia January 2007
- Course of Strategic Intelligence in the Sub secretary of Intelligence of the Argentinean government's State Buenos Aires (Argentina) 1997
- Course of Operative Analysis of Crime - Madrid (Spain) 1998
- Certified in Colombian accusatory penal process - Universidad Externado de Colombia – 2006
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
Fernando Niño Quintero is a Senior Director at FTI Consulting based in the Bogotá office. Mr. Niño is part of the Global Risks and Investigations practice in Bogotá and has over 30 years of experience.
Mr. Niño is a lawyer and, before joining FTI Consulting, he was General Manager of the National Institute for Fraud Research and Prevention (INIF) in Bogotá, where he was responsible for Anti-Fraud prevention and detection projects for the insurance industry.
Mr. Niño was a member of the National Council against vehicle theft and of different agreements signed with the Mayor's Office of Bogotá for the prevention of crimes against heritage. He also took part in different working groups with the Directors of the Prosecutor’s Office of Bogotá, Cali, Medellín and Barranquilla, said working groups were focused on the design of strategies for the investigation of different crimes against heritage.
Mr. Niño also served as Chief of the Information and Analysis Department at the Colombian State Prosecutor’s Office, this department was responsible for collecting, processing, analyzing and developing work plans in cases of corruption in state hiring, as well as crimes of fraud, bribery and falsehood among others.
Mr. Niño Quintero is a Certified Fraud Examiner and member of the International Association of Certified Fraud Examiners - ACFE and of the National Institute of Auditors of Colombia. He is a lawyer of the Universidad Católica of Colombia. He also holds postgraduate degrees in Criminal Law from the same University, and Forensic Audit and Insurance postgraduate Degrees of the Externado University of Colombia.
Mr. Niño’s education credentials include a diploma in the Colombian accusatory criminal process, seminars and courses of the police of Spain; including the course of operational crime analysis organized by EUROPOL in Madrid, and the course of Strategic Intelligence in the Sub secretariat of State Intelligence, in Buenos Aires - Argentina.
Mr. Niño‘s extensive career includes investigations of bank fraud, complex scams, crimes against state contracting in large cases of corruption and against heritage. He has been an instructor in information analysis and he is invited to talks and seminars related to fraud, corruption, money laundering and other crimes against heritage, contracting and public faith.