- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 2 8247 8025
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Joint Insolvency Examinations Board (JIEB)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Real Estate
Ben Shrimpton is a strategy and finance professional and a leader in our Business Transformation practice. Ben has experience across a broad range of industries including retail, hospitality, manufacturing, mining and real estate and infrastructure.
Ben has more than 20 years of experience and has been involved in some of the largest and most successful financial and operational turnarounds and restructurings across Asia-Pacific and Europe. This work has included negotiating and implementing a broad range of capital solutions such as refinancing senior and other debt facilities, as well as conducting equity raises.
In addition, Ben is an expert in working with executive teams to create large scale cash and liquidity optimisation programs and turnaround plans, including project management of implementation to ensure milestones, KPIs and the financial performance meet expectations.
To enable this, Ben has taken interim CFO and other executive management roles with clients involved in a refinancing transaction or in a period of rapid change.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ben was the CFO for a major Australian retailer as part of a refreshed executive management team with a turnaround agenda, working for a turnaround investor.
- International retail group – CFO included financial oversight of the business and responsibility for the supply chain
- ASX listed international mining services group – corporate advice including debt refinancing
- ASX listed ANZ mining services group, Brisbane – corporate advice including capital restructuring
- International steel manufacturing and mining group – working capital and cash management, as well as sale of business
- ASX listed international retail and wholesale group – interim financial management including group refinancing (debt and equity raise)
- International fitness and lifestyle group – interim financial management and turnaround planning
- National power generator, distributor and retailer, Port Moresby – interim financial management and turnaround planning
- Not for profit organisation – corporate advice and finance transformation
- National distressed investment fund, Ireland – interim role setting up the operating entity and supporting credit processes
- International investment banking group, London – support with recapitalisation of solvent group entities