Real Estate VAT
Real Estate is one of the most complex areas for Value Added Tax and large transactions create a real risk of error and significant, unnecessary cost. Dealing with implications of VAT is therefore an integral part of the FTI Consulting real estate tax service.
Our team is one of the most experienced and well respected in the market and provides clear, user friendly and commercial guidance to all types of investor, developer and occupier.
Our services include:
- Advice on all aspects of the acquisition and disposal process including due diligence, cash-flow planning and Transfer of Going Concern issues;
- Advice to developers, such as dealing with the problems commonly arising with residential and mixed developments, student accommodation, partial exemption and option to tax;
- VAT compliance:
- In many cases, obtaining the optimum VAT treatment, and the most beneficial cash-flow effect is dependent on elections, registrations and decisions being made and notified at the right time.
- We manage all of these tasks, liaising with HMRC as appropriate, to ensure a smooth and trouble free transaction.
- We also provide a fixed price, economical solution for ongoing compliance (VAT returns, intrastat etc), both in the UK and globally.