FTI Consulting Expands Data Privacy Practice, Launches Data Protection Officer Services
Expanded Bench of Experts and Solutions to Meet Companies’ Growing Needs for Robust Global Data Protection Programs
“Privacy is one of the most significant consumer protection and corporate risk issues in the global information economy,” said
A wide range of data protection laws around the globe — from the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to the emerging California Consumer Protection Act (“CaCPA”) — are establishing complicated and expansive private rights of action, granting consumers and employees the ability to sue companies for damages. To meet these challenges, company stakeholders and shareholders are determining how to preserve the value of their data repositories, continue business activity and reconcile strategy and operations with regulatory obligations.
The IGP&S practice brings a deep bench of experts who address changing and emerging challenges in the data privacy landscape and are delivering solutions to navigate today’s complex privacy risk matrix.
- Privacy Managed Services: Ongoing support and services including DPO services, crisis management, on-call breach support and operational and management support;
Program Development: Depending upon the client’s need, services can include strategy development, program implementation and transformation;
- Regulatory Assessments and
Process Development: For companies that need to better understand their regulatory risk, these services can include regulatory gap assessments, policy drafting, compliance process implementation and regulatory affairs support for GDPR, HIPAA, CaCPA and more;
- Privacy Tech Enablement: As companies grow increasingly reliant upon digital automation, the IGP&S team of data privacy experts can implement “privacy engineering” best practices to ensure technology environments adhere to data privacy requirements;
- Privacy Risk Management: Data privacy experts can conduct quantitative privacy and information security risk analysis, including emerging, third-party and operational risk, as well as control testing and control tuning;
- Deal Support: Ensure that privacy due diligence is conducted as part of M&A activities and post-acquisition integration; and
- Industry-Specific Solutions: Technology, ad-tech/media, telecom, financial services, healthcare and life sciences subject-matter experts can address nuanced, industry-specific data privacy challenges.
“The drivers and pain points around data privacy today extend far beyond operationalizing GDPR compliance,” said
FTI Technology’s privacy services build upon the firm’s history of experience and knowledge in delivering dedicated solutions for information governance, compliance, security and data privacy risk. In addition to expanding its range of solutions, the firm has bolstered its IGP&S team with 15 new consultants in the last 18 months, including the hire of Senior Managing Director
For more information and to see the full suite of FTI Technology’s offerings, visit https://www.ftitechnology.com/solutions/information-governance-and-compliance-consulting-services.
555 12th Street NW