Labour & Employment
The ever-increasing size and complexity of payroll, personnel and timekeeper databases make it difficult and time consuming for clients to make business decisions and respond to legal claims. In addition, they face increased scrutiny from governments in employment discrimination areas such as compensation, recruitment and separation.
Drawing on our significant experience in labour and employment matters, FTI Consulting specialises in preparing economic and statistical analyses for clients facing disputes relating to wage and hour issues, class action, class certification, lost earnings and discrimination. Our consultants, including well-known academics, have testified dozens of times on the conduct and implications of these studies in a wide variety of labour and employment disputes.
Our experienced labour and employment team handles large amounts of data quickly and effectively. Clients rely on us to provide statistical analyses of data and damage exposure, review and rebuttal of expert reports, calculate the economic value of a claim and determine if the purported class in labour/employment litigation meets legal requirements for certification.
FTI Consulting provides clients with:
- Economic analysis to determine if attributes comport with the concepts of commonality and typicality
- Economic and statistical evaluation of claims of discrimination on the basis of age, race, gender, religion or national origin in employment class action matters
- Economic evaluation of payroll, timekeeping and personnel records
- Assessment of time allocation across various job duties
- Identification and quantification of unpaid overtime hours
- Evaluation of quantification for missed meal break and rest break matters
- Statistical assessments of exempt/non-exempt designations
- Large-scale data analysis for FLSA and wage/hour compliance
- Academics and senior consultants who are experienced testifiers in a wide range of labour and employment matters for Fortune 500 clients