FTI Consulting believes that valuation should build upon analysis of the underlying business, an understanding of financial markets and how value is set in transactions in the real world. Businesses and their capital providers engage FTI Consulting for robust valuation advice covering all the angles. We provide an independent perspective, expert analysis and judgement backed by industry knowledge and experienced objectivity.
Our team includes experienced valuation specialists with investment banking and consulting backgrounds. Our team has provided valuation analysis and opinions to a wide range of corporates, banks and other senior debt providers, funds and other alternative debt providers, equity funds and government bodies.
We are accomplished in valuing both financially stressed or distressed businesses and those with stronger balance sheets and growth track records. Thanks to our restructuring and insolvency capabilities, we are experienced in assessing the full spectrum of businesses and capital structures.
Whatever the context, we can add our judgement to yours to help you make the right decisions.
Our valuation services include:
- Valuations of companies, businesses and capital instruments
- Valuation analysis and advice on restructuring situations involving highly-leveraged/distressed companies
- Valuations to support schemes of arrangement or pre-packaged administrations
- Valuations for regulatory purposes (e.g. required under the Listing Rules, the Takeover Code or by law)
- Independent expert valuation reports
- Fairness opinions (e.g. transactions between related parties)
- Portfolio valuation assurance (e.g. for private equity/hedge funds)
- Modelling the valuation implications of transactions, funding structures or other business decisions to maximize value
- Providing expert valuation opinions and reports to support litigation
- Purchase price allocations or impairment reviews for accounting purposes
- Non-performing loans
- Buy-side due diligence
- Loan Portfolio Acquisition Support