All transactions have tax implications. FTI Consulting tax specialists deploy effective structuring strategies and commercially focused tax diligence to maximise value opportunities and minimise risk for private equity houses and for corporates. Our team is experienced in all types of domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, restructurings, refinancings and initial public offerings.
FTI Consulting is the UK member of the WTS Alliance, a global network of selected tax and consulting firms with representation in approximately 100 countries. By combining cross-border transaction expertise with local tax knowledge, FTI Consulting is able to deliver high-quality, coordinated tax advice wherever your transaction occurs. All engagements are managed by our dedicated transactions team, based in London, providing expert structuring advice and leading-edge solutions at every stage of the transaction cycle, from the initial due diligence phase to structuring sale-and-purchase agreements to post-deal implementation.
Our team of transaction tax experts can help clients:
- Structure the sale of an asset or a company to mitigate tax liabilities and utilise available exemptions and reliefs
- Structure the purchase of an asset or company tax efficiently with flexibility on exit or refinancing
- Deal with historical and future tax exposures in negotiation and deal execution
- Incentivise and retain key staff via tax and cost-efficient management incentive planning
- Achieve tax-efficient returns on exit
Our team provides tax due diligence to both buy- and sell-side parties. This can be supplied either as a standalone deliverable or as part of our financial due diligence complete support to a transaction. For further information, please see Transaction Services.