Insolvency and Contingency Planning
FTI Consulting restructuring professionals use their expert knowledge of formal insolvency and other enforcement procedures to provide leading contingency planning and insolvency advice. We have a proven track record of maximising realisations for stakeholders using formal insolvency processes. Our team has considerable experience in formal insolvency appointments including Administrations, Fixed Charge Receiverships, Company Voluntary Arrangements, Liquidations and Share Pledge Enforcements. We have a global presence with a network of insolvency and restructuring practitioners in the major financial and off-shore centres.
Also, our insolvency services are supported by tax, valuation, transaction structuring, forensic accounting, real estate and strategic communications professionals. We take a commercial, solutions-based approach focusing on the critical issues.
In particular, we support companies and their financial stakeholders through:
- Developing and implementing effective and strategic non-consensual financial restructuring plans, either as an alternative to a consensual restructuring deal or to facilitate a restructuring process
- Using insolvency as a tool to restructure onerous liabilities, or to achieve an exit, while preserving and maximising value for the company, its lenders and other stakeholders
- Using insolvency procedures to achieve recoveries in contentious cross border scenarios, where necessary for pursuing investigations, asset tracing/recovery and litigation proceedings
- Planning and implementing enforcement and realisation strategies to maximise recoveries either through light touch/holding company appointments, or trading insolvencies
- Assessing and developing closure options or exit strategies where a subsidiary, division, product or entire business is to be wound down or closed, as well as ongoing management of the implementation of these plans