Dr. Timothy Gardiner
- Senior Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +44 20 3727 1186
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- M.A., Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology, University of Cambridge
- Chartered Accountant
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Economic Consulting
Dr Timothy Gardiner is a Senior Director in FTI Consulting within the Economic Consulting practice and is based in London. He provides accounting, economic and finance advice to firms engaged in arbitration, litigation and accounting disputes, firms under investigation by competition authorities (for example in market investigations) and in the assessment of damages arising from anti competitive practices.
Timothy joined the firm in March 2011 following its transaction with LECG, where he was part of LECG’s European financial advisory services practice. Prior to joining LECG in 2008, he worked within the NHS.
Timothy regularly helps to prepare expert reports in matters before arbitral tribunals, the English High Court, regulators and competition authorities. He assists Experts in making expert determinations and provides advice to parties making submissions to third party experts for determination. Examples of recent experience include:
- authoring four reports on the verification of costs of c. USD 10 million incurred by a Middle Eastern solar facility that formed part of an insurance claim;
- the quantification of incurred, projected and consequential losses arising from a breach of contract in the heavy steel gas pipe industry in an ICC arbitration;
- providing finance and accounting advice to firms in a number of recent market investigations by the UK Competition and Markets Authority, including the energy market investigation and the private healthcare market investigation; and
- assisting in an expert determination arising from the preparation of completion accounts in the market research industry. Approximately GBP 150 million was in dispute.
Timothy holds an MA in Natural Sciences and a PhD in Molecular Biology from the University of Cambridge. He is a chartered accountant and during his accountancy studies he was awarded the Knox Prize in Financial Reporting. In 2016 he was named by Finance Director magazine as one of its ‘35 under 35’.