- Managing Director
- T: +44 (0) 20 3727 1071
- F: +44 (0) 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- B.A., (Hons), Law, University of the West of England
- Anti-money Laundering
- Corporate Governance
- Regulatory Investigations
- Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Regulation and Compliance
- Financial Institutions
Peter Brooke is an experienced Risk and Regulation Consultant at FTI Consulting, based in London. With a unique blend of in-house and consulting experience, Mr Brooke has worked in financial services for more than 24 years.
Mr. Brooke’s in-house roles were all in Barclays and included: first acting as General Counsel for Barclaycard, then setting up and running the first Group European Compliance function. Next, Mr Brooke became Compliance Director for Barclays Wealth where his responsibilities included Global Head of Financial Crime.
Since leaving the Barclays Group eight years ago, Mr. Brooke has been a Senior Management Consultant specialising in risk and regulatory affairs, working with a wide range of financial services companies, including all the major UK banking groups.
Mr. Brooke has a very strong knowledge of both the UK and international regulatory regimes and requirements. He has a particular interest and subject matter expertise in financial crime and conduct risk.
Up until the end of 2012, Mr. Brooke was a Director of Navigant’s Risk and Regulation Practice; prior to that he was a Partner level consultant at Huntswood Consulting.
Mr. Brooke’s numerous consulting assignments have included:
- Assisting a global bank to design and introduce a risk assessment tool to identify risks of bribery and corruption
- Reviewing the financial crime governance framework and controls for a major global bank
- Designing and building policies, risk assessments and control frameworks for AML, ABC, sanctions, fraud and conduct risk
- Drafting and implementing AML and KYC policies and standards
- More than 30 TCF reviews (with follow-up remedial actions) in a wide range of financial services firms of all sizes
- Review of complaints operations
- Suitability reviews for wealth managers
Mr. Brooke’s in-house roles have included:
- General Counsel and Head of Chief Executive’s Office at Barclaycard
- European Compliance Director – which included the introduction of a group-wide governance and control framework
- Global Head of Financial Crime
- International Compliance Director – Barclays Wealth