- Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1085
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- B.Sc., Banking, Finance and Management Loughborough University
- Certified Accountant
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Oliver Carter is a Managing Director at FTI Consulting. Oliver is a member of the Corporate Finance segment where he is based in London.
Oliver has over 10 years of both debtor and creditor side restructuring experience, ranging from debtor side change management to undertaking independent business reviews (IBR) and assessing the options for stakeholders of distressed businesses.
Oliver has completed a 10 month secondment to the business support unit of Lloyds Banking Group and prior to FTI, was at Duff & Phelps in London.
Oliver is a chartered certified accountant and holds a first class degree in Banking, Finance and Management from Loughborough University.
Recent creditor side engagements:
- Various IBR’s in oil and gas industry, across both E&P and oilfield services.
- Financial advisor to senior creditors through restructuring of multinational pharmaceutical business.
- IBR of European renewable energy operator and options assessment for senior lenders.
- IBR of UK health and leisure chain to assist company and stakeholders in assessing the benefits of an operational and financial restructuring.
Recent corporate side experience:
- Embedded a weekly cash flow reporting process in a multi-national €1bn+ consumer goods business based in Germany.
- Completed a four month engagement implementing improved financial processes and controls for a global ATM operator to help manage a key balance sheet exposure.
- Completed a 13 month engagement in a corporate side advisory role for a global events management business that had grown rapidly via acquisition without adequate investment in back office operations.
- This entailed working closely with the finance team both in the UK (head office) and at the divisional level across the globe, reporting regularly to the Board and equity sponsors. The role included:
- Implementing and managing a robust global weekly short term cash flow process following short term liquidity issues;
- Assist the global finance team in understanding the working capital cycle of the business;
- Build a robust business plan and integrated model;
- Improving accuracy and robustness of the reporting of management financial information;
- Global balance sheet cleanse and reconciliation exercise for audit purposes;
- Negotiations with stakeholders (debt and equity) regarding full financial restructuring.