- Senior Managing Director
- T: +65 6831 7833
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #12-02
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- FINSIA (Fellow)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Corporate Finance
- Transaction Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Nick Gronow is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and he is based in Singapore. He has more than 20 years of experience in financial and operational restructuring, corporate recovery and transaction advisory.
Nick has extensive experience advising bank groups, private equity funds, bondholders and corporations throughout the Asia Pacific region. He has led assignments across a broad spectrum of situations, ranging from regional and global financial restructurings to designing and implementing performance improvement programs for companies in developing countries, and from performing comprehensive due diligence advisory roles with respect to business acquisitions to conducting corporate recovery assignments to maximise value for stakeholders.
Nick provides pragmatic and realistic advice to guide clients dealing with difficult and complex business issues, and he focuses on achieving results and outcomes rather than dealing in theories. With experience across the Asia Pacific region and in a number of high profile global matters, he has considerable industry, Asia regional, and international experience across his 20 year career. He has lived in Asia for over ten years.
Examples of major assignments undertaken include:
- Advising various lenders and investors on restructuring options, analysing of business performance and strategies to enhance the value and recoveries from investments and loans.
- Acting as interim manager, director, receiver over shares and legal representative for various lenders in relation to exposures against Chinese companies.
- Managing the pan-Asia wind down and completion of sale processes in relation to the Trident Microsystems Group of companies.
- Advising a Chinese state-owned enterprise in relation to restructuring options for a dual listed company with pan-Asia operations.
- Providing strategic advice and cash flow forecasting for an Asian-headquartered European retailer.
- Advising the lending syndicate of a South East Asian resources company, leading to the successful restructuring of that company and expected full repayment to lenders.