- Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1778
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- M.A., Law, Oxford University
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- Business Plan Review
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Performance Improvement
- Private Equity Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Michael Vivian is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance practice and is based in London.
Michael focuses on providing leadership to corporates which are undergoing periods of underperformance or organisational or strategic change, as well as providing pre and post-acquisition advice and implementation support to private equity and distressed investors.
Michael also has over 14 years of experience working direct with corporates particularly those in stressed or distressed situations. His experience includes financial restructuring, turnaround management and implementation of transformational change. He has worked as an adviser and in interim and line management roles, and has been involved in various industries, including telecommunications, property, shipping, manufacturing, hospitality & leisure and professional services.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Michael was a Director at the debtor side restructuring advisors Talbot Hughes McKillop. His work focused on providing board advice and management support to companies during financial restructuring processes. In addition to the negotiation and management of the deal process, this involved the preparation and review of business plans, provision of forecasting and cash management services, and development and implementation of restructuring action plans.
Earlier in his career, Michael formed part of the senior management team credited with the turnaround of Energis Communications. Following the successful integration of Energis with Cable & Wireless, he led several transformation programs for the combined business.
Michael’s recent experience includes:
- Advisor to the board of a £1bn listed property group on its financial restructuring and demerger. Role included deal negotiation, stakeholder management and implementation planning.
- Advisor to the board of a 500 property hotel chain on its restructuring process. Role included treasury management ensuring liquidity through a 10 month restructuring process and development of an operational restructuring implementation plan.
- Finance Director of a €50 million regional subsidiary: implemented a turnaround plan resulting in 80% improvement in EBITDA in 12 months.
Michael holds a MA in Law from Oxford University and is a Prince2 Practitioner.