- T: +34 91 524 38 65
- M: +34 676 602 150
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Data & Analytics
- Computer Forensics & Investigations
- E-discovery Software & Services
- Managed Review Services
- Diversified Industrials
Mercedes Bernal is a Director in the FTI Consulting’s Forensic & Litigation Consulting department in Spain since April 2016.
Mercedes began his professional career in the department of New Network Technologies at Telefónica I+D in June 2008. In November 2010 she joined the Department of Analytics and Forensic Technology at Deloitte where he reached the rank of Manager.
Mercedes has experience in the most relevant computer forensic areas: data analysis, forensic computer investigations and electronic discovery
Mercedes has taken the lead on managing small and medium scale projects, including collection, data processing and support on document review. She brings also experience in writing expert witness reports.
Mercedes has undertaken assignments in large scale litigations across the world: Luxembourg, South America, Portugal, United Arab Emirates, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Ireland.
Mercedes holds a degree in Computer Engineering from Complutense University of Madrid and a Masters degree in System Development from the University of Salamanca. She also owns the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) from ISACA, EnCase Advanced Computer Forensics from Guidance Software and Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst and Cellebrite Certified Logical Operator from Cellebrite.
- Forensic IT investigations (analysis of the use of electronic devices assigned to employees for alleged misconduct, misappropriation of confidential information, unauthorized access to information, etc).
- International eDiscovery projects (Luxembourg, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates, among others) after the reporting requirement by bodies such as the SEC.
- Analysis of data extracted from different data repositories (financial and accounting systems, independent development databases, business management systems, etc.) in order to identify patterns or irregular conduct.