- Senior Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1450
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- BSc (Accounting), Hull University
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Tax Structuring & Tax Advisory Services
- Executive Compensation
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Pricing Strategy
Marvin Rust is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting and is based in London. Mr. Rust heads the European Tax Services group and the Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure industry group in EMEA. He has broad experience in transactions, refinancings and transfer pricing.
Mr. Rust has been a partner at Andersen and Deloitte for 15 years before joining FTI Consulting in 2013. He has advised on completed transactions in excess of USD 8 billion and restructurings in excess of USD 6 billion over the last 10 years.
For over 10 years he has also been named as one of the world’s leading transfer pricing advisers in a survey conducted by the Legal Media Group.
He is recognized globally as one of the leading tax advisers in the hospitality transaction sector working with owners, operators and lenders.
Within transfer pricing he has extensive experience in all aspects from tax authority audits to comprehensive transfer pricing studies supporting complex transactions and Advance Pricing Agreements. His sector experience includes Telecoms, Pharmaceutical, Leisure and the Consumer Products in particular.
More recently he has led numerous thin capitlisation agreements often through the ATCA process across a broad spectrum of clients.
His transaction and restructuring experience covers both sale and purchase advice for corporates, private equity and high net worth individuals and bank side advice. Example transactions would include:
- Advice to a private equity buyer of a leading UK consumer business
- Numerous refinancings and sale and leaseback / manage back transactions in the hotel sector
- Sale side advice on a UK restaurant business
- Advice on the acquisition of theme park assets for a private property fund
- Advice on CVAs and administrations including a ground breaking alternative pre pack plan to preserve assets
- A sequence of purchases for a private equity buyer of hotel and conference assets
- Disposal of a health club business for private equity owner
Mr. Rust Particularly enjoys working on complex high value transactions where he can engage his wide range of skills to solve business problems.