- Senior Managing Director
- T: +44 20 3727 1316
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- B.S. in Commerce, University of Virginia
- Master of Science in Accounting University of Virginia
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment
- Anti-money Laundering
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Regulation and Compliance
- Change Management
- Financial Institutions
- Information Technology
Jeannette Lichner is a Senior Managing Director and head of the Financial Services Governance, Risk and Regulation practice and is based in London. Jeannette has extensive experience of the financial services industry across a broad range of functional areas including finance, operations, technology, investment banking, human resources, and cross platform Chief Operating Officer roles.
During her 30 year career Jeannette has held several senior executive positions at Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan and Deutsche Bank. Her final corporate role was with Bank of America as Head of Compliance and Operational Risk Management, EMEA & Asia, a role she assumed subsequent to EMEA Chief Operating Officer.
Jeannette joined FTI Consulting in January 2013 to build the Governance, Risk and Regulatory practice. She also leads the EMEA Financial Services team.
Whilst accomplished across numerous commercial and regulatory areas, she is most frequently involved in engagements regarding business model strategy and execution, corporate governance including board effectiveness, enterprise risk management and its component parts, conduct risk management and financial crime.
Recent engagements include:
- Working closely with Boards and senior executives on governance arrangements, their design and evaluation, including Board effectiveness reviews.
- Preparing and managing Board members, executives and firms in relation to regulatory interventions,
- Running UK Skilled Persons, attestation , and systems and controls reviews and related remediation programmes.
- Leading financial crime engagements including holistically evaluating programmes, performing client file reviews and remediation programmes, reviewing sanctions and AML transaction processing and monitoring programmes, developing on-line and in person education programmes
- Advising banks and wealth management firms on a range conduct risk matters such as complaint handling and suitability
- Developing and evaluating risk management programmes, including deep dives into compliance programmes and capabilities, three lines of defence models, ICAAPs, management information design.
Jeannette is a frequent speaker and publisher of articles in her specialist areas. She is also involved in the financial literacy agenda as a member of the Personal Finance Education Group and has published three editions of #yourmoney: Everything you Need to know about Earning, Spending and Saving in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment. Jeannette was honoured with the Thomson Reuters 2015 Award for Outstanding Long-Term Service to the Compliance Industry in recognition of her valued contribution to the financial services compliance industry.