- Senior Managing Director
- T: +61 2 8247 8019
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Level 15, 50 Pitt Street
- Sydney, NSW, 2000
- T: +61 2 8247 8000
- F: +61 2 8247 8099
- Bachelor of Commerce (Ag Ec), Sydney University
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- NSW Farm Writers
- Agricultural Association of Australia
- Farm Writers Association of NSW
- Lender Advisory
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
Ben Waters is a Senior Managing Director and leads the Agribusiness industry team within the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Sydney Australia.
Mr. Waters joined FTI Consulting after 14 years with one of Australia’s leading corporate restructuring and advisory firms where he gained in-depth experience and insight across a wide range of advisory projects. During that time, Mr. Waters spent 15 months working in one of Australia’s largest banks specifically assisting with managing their agribusiness portfolio.
Mr. Waters has led trade-on engagements, asset sales and independent advisory projects within the beef (including stud stock and feed lotting), dairy, horticulture, cotton, irrigated fodder and broad-acre cropping sectors. Furthermore, he has experience in processing and accumulation of agricultural products.
In addition to agriculture, Mr. Waters also has experience across several other industries including infrastructure, property and significant experience in the management of debenture issuers and associated asset portfolios.
Mr. Waters grew up in Northern NSW on a sheep, cattle and mixed cropping property. He now runs his own self replacing sheep
operation and beef herd on a property in the same area. He has held a number of industry roles in wool, beef cattle production, cotton and broad acre cropping.
- Valuation of a large meat processing facility in Western Australia
- Advised one of the Big 4 banks on a large greenfield meat processing facility in Northern Australia
- Engaged to raise AU$100m+ on a milk processing facility in Victoria
- Independent review of a 300,000ha property in NW QLD carrying 20,000 head of cattle
- Independent review of a 6,000 head feedlot in central NSW
- Lead an independent review and restructure of a leading Brahman stud and associated commercial herd in Northern NSW
- Lead an independent review and restructure of a cattle, cotton and horticulture enterprise in Western NSW
- Independent review of a large horticultural business in VIC and QLD
- Advised a large U.S.-based PE firm on the acquisition of a number of dairy farms
- Management of a backgrounding and irrigated pasture operation in Central QLD