Andrew J. Mainz
- Senior Managing Director
- T: +44 (0) 20 3727 1333
- F: +44 (0) 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- M.A. in Modern Languages, University of Oxford
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- The Academy of Experts
- Expert Witness Institute
- Expert Testimony
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- International Arbitration
- Regulatory Investigations
- White Collar Defense
Andrew J. Mainz is a Senior Managing Director in the FTI Consulting and is based in London. He works within the European Economic and Financial Consulting practice where he has a senior partner position. Mr. Mainz was the practice leader of the FTI Consulting Forensic and Litigation Consulting group for the EMEA region from 2008 until 2011.
Mr. Mainz has 40 years of professional experience. For the last 32 years, he has worked on a wide variety of forensic accounting assignments and financial investigations.
Mr. Mainz has extensive expert witness testimony experience, in Court in London, Milan and Hong Kong and before arbitration tribunals in various locations. He has been deposed in New York. He has given evidence in civil and in criminal proceedings.
He is named in The International Who’s Who of Commercial Arbitration 2013 in its section on expert witnesses and most highly regarded firms, where he is referred to as excelling when working to tight deadlines.
Mr. Mainz has been appointed as an expert determiner in a sale and purchase dispute involving the completion accounts of a large European business.
Mr. Mainz’s forensic accounting and financial investigation assignments include:
- expert evidence on accounting issues, accounting treatments and financial reporting;
- identifying damages or lost profits in many different breach of contract or warranty disputes;
- investigations of fraud and false accounting;
- tracing assets; and
- reviewing the value of intellectual property.
He has worked for many multinational companies and leading law firms, including some US law firms. He is a Chartered Accountant and graduated with an MA in Modern Languages from the University of Oxford.