- Managing Director
- T: +44 (0)20 3727 1203
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- 200 Aldersgate
- Aldersgate Street
- London, EC1A 4HD
- United Kingdom
- T: +44 20 3727 1000
- F: +44 20 3727 1007
- BA, Economics, Manchester University
- Chartered Accountant
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Corporate Finance
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
- Retail & Consumer Products
Andrew Burgess is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice and is based in London.
Andrew has 5 years of industry experience as a CFO of a PE backed high growth start up and as the CFO for a divisional business of Nestle. This is coupled with over 10 years of consulting experience over a wide range of industries including manufacturing, industrial products, FMCG, media, telecommunications, retail and the Private Equity environment.
Andrew has strong operational improvement experience along with expertise in Cash management and Working Capital, stock management, cost reduction, revenue growth and strategic advisory. During his career he has built experience with clients on a global basis including managing projects in the London, US, Europe and most recently Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Andrew was CFO of Guzman Y Gomez, Oceania’s fastest growing Mexican ‘quick service restaurant’ chain. The brand is a second stage start up business backed by a mix of Ex McDonald’s management and Private Equity with revenue of $140m and an aggressive global expansion plan.
Earlier in his career, Andrew led Ernst & Young’s Working Capital Management offering for Sydney and specializes in sustainably improving cash positions within corporates of all sizes.
- Advisor to a global brewing company on a working capital review across Asia Pacific. Identified 5% of revenue in accounts receivable and accounts payable improvements
- Advisor to global inks and paint manufacturer, identifying 40% improvement in payables balance and development of action plans for delivery
- Working capital advisor to international gas metering business developing a ‘First 100 days’ process improvement project plan to deliver £25m of cash improvements and assisting in the design of KPI reporting tool and action plans for implementation
- Advisor to private equity backed media company on the implementation of identified process improvements. The project identified and delivered short term cash grab opportunities of $32m
- Advisor to large European telecommunications company under LBO debt stress. Role included the redesign and implementation of new accounts receivable processes including collections policy, billing cycle effectiveness and Customer terms alignment.
- Advisor to FTSE100 brewing company identifying and creating action plans for £220m of opportunities across the UK and Europe
- Advisor to global electronics manufacturer on a Sales & Finance function transformation. Role included review of customer rebates, developing a complete cost to serve and realigning Sales and Finance to future strategic priorities
- Advisor to global car manufacturer on future strategy of the Oceania business including route to market and new channel management approach
Andrew holds a MA in Economics from Manchester University and is a qualified chartered accountant.