Awards & Recognition
Our firm and our people are regularly recognised for our definitive expertise in everything we do. Here is a sample of some of our recent achievements.
Our Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment helps law firms, companies and government entities with dispute advisory, investigations, forensic accounting, business intelligence assessments, data analytics and risk mitigation services.
We are delighted that Who’s Who Legal has identified 19 of our global experts to be featured in this year’s list. Furthermore, Andrew Durant, a Senior Managing Director based in the London office has been singled out as one of the ‘Most Highly Regarded Experts’ globally.
In the last 20 years, international arbitration has expanded in tandem with globalisation. The financial crisis and decline in commodities pricing have also been key in the growth of large international commercial disputes. This growth is reflected in the workstream through established bodies of arbitration such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) as well as in newer regional arbitration institutions such as in Dubai and Singapore.
FTI Consulting has an unparalleled strength and breadth of expertise in this area with a team of experts who have the skills and experience required to provide damages assessments in complex commercial and investment treaty disputes. In addition to our established experts, we are delighted that Who’s Who Legal have identified nine new additions to the recognised expert list.
FTI Consulting was recognised as the 2015 and 2016 Who’s Who Legal Awards’ Arbitration Expert Firm of the Year, firmly placing us as a leader in the field of international arbitration.
The Who’s Who Legal Awards are an annual ceremony aimed at identifying the very best in the global legal market. In addition to our firm’s award, individual experts from FTI Consulting and Compass Lexecon were recognised as being arbitration expert witnesses in the 2016 awards.
Largest Number of Experts in the Who’s Who Legal Listing of Arbitration Expert Witnesses
FTI Consulting has consistently had the largest number of experts in the Who’s Who Legal listing of expert witnesses in commercial arbitration since the list was first published in December 2010. We are proud that from the first edition our ranks have grown to an all-time high of 34 experts covering Europe, North America, South America and the Asia-Pacific region, with Chris Osborne and James Nicholson being listed in the top five most highly regarded individuals.
Compass Lexecon, a subsidiary of FTI Consulting, was recognised as the 2015 and 2016 Who’s Who Legal Awards’ Competition Firm of the Year for the second year running. The 2016 Who’s Who Legal Awards’ list of individuals up for recognition in the field of Competition included 30 Compass Lexecon experts from seven countries. From Compass Lexecon, Jorge Padilla was recognised as one of the 2016 Most Highly Regarded Individuals in Competition in Who’s Who Legal.
Neil Dryden was honoured as Economist of the Year 2016. He is by far the youngest winner of the Economist of the Year award and the fourth member of the Compass Lexecon team to have won this award. Additionally, Compass Lexecon received 2016 GCR Annual Awards wins in the categories of:
- Behavioral Matter of the Year – Europe: European Commission CDS Investigation
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa: Microsoft/ Nokia Merger
Head of Governance, Risk & Regulation Jeannette Lichner was awarded the Outstanding Long-Term Service to the Compliance Industry at the Thomson Reuters 11th Annual Compliance Awards 2015, aimed at recognising the outstanding individuals, teams and support players in the compliance community. The honour recognises Jeannette’s valued contribution to the financial services compliance industry over the last 30 years, through her current leadership of FTI Consulting’s Governance, Risk and Regulation practice in the EMEA region and her previous senior roles.
Who’s Who Legal recognises an impressive 11 investigations experts from FTI Consulting with five from the EMEA region, including:
- Andrew Durant is praised for “his ability to deal sensibly and strategically in cross-jurisdictional matters; he explains complex issues in a simple manner and goes above and beyond what is required.”
- Interviewees commented that it is “hard to think of anybody better” than Julian Glass for financial crime forensic investigations, particularly in relation to bribery and in cross-border cases.
- Andrew Mainz is recognised for his fraud and false accounting expertise and described as “commercially savvy and technically brilliant.”
- The “undeniably impressive” Ian Smith is praised for his attention to detail as well as his superb e-discovery work.
- Juan Valderas is one of Spain’s leading experts for fraud-related investigations, and respected across the continent for his work on regulatory-related issues.
Three experts from FTI Consulting’s London and New York offices are recommended as top insurance and reinsurance expert witnesses in Who’s Who Legal:
- Ian Marshall based in London, has “significant experience” in run-off, insurance technical investigations and complex reinsurance transactions.
- Jerry McArthur leads the insurance practice in London, specialising in insurance operational and service delivery with a particular focus on claims, delegated authorities, outsourcing and run-off management. He is a “leading light” in the sector and “hugely impressive” according to peers.
Who’s Who Legal recognises nine experts from FTI Consulting as construction expert witnesses with three from the EMEA region, including:
- Our Leader of the EMEA Solutions Practice, Tim Haynes, who has been appointed as an expert witness on quantum, delay and project management matters.
- Alastair Farr, an advisor with over 30 years of experience on issues at all stages of the construction process from tender through to completion.
- Dubai’s Jas Cheema, who specializes in dispute resolution and has dual qualifications in both construction and law.
FTI Technology’s Ringtail software was recognised for three consecutive years as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for e-discovery software. Ringtail is a full-featured platform for law firms and corporate legal teams of all sizes, available on-premises, on-demand or in a Software as a Service (SaaS) format.
Highest Score for Legal Review Use Case in Gartner’s 2015 Critical Capabilities Report for E-Discovery Software
In its inaugural report on e-discovery software, Gartner awarded Ringtail the top rating for legal review software. Of the 20 e-discovery software providers evaluated by Gartner, Ringtail softwarereceived a 4.43 out of 5, the highest product score given in the legal review use case.
Global risk and investigations are cited as being a “notable area of strength” for FTI Consulting and represent “one of the company’s sweet spots.” FTI Technology’s Ringtail e-discovery software has consistently been recognised as a top online review platform, including in the 2015 Best of The National Law Journal reader rankings. In total, the products and services from FTI Consulting and FTI Technology received 11 awards from The National Law Journal readers.
Ranked as a Leading European Transaction Communications Advisor
FTI Consulting’s Strategic Communications team consistently ranks highly in global league tables for PR advisors. For 10 years, FTI Consulting maintained the number one ranking in Mergermarket’s Pan-European league tables by volume.
Experts in Communication
John Waples, Head of Strategic Communications for our London office, was listed in Debrett’s 500 People of Influence 2016. He is recognised as one of Britain’s most influential people in advertising, marketing and PR.
Recognised as European Tax Firm of the Year 2015
FTI Consulting’s European Tax Advisory Team was named the Best Firm of the Year by WTS Alliance in 2015. The team were honoured for their excellence in quality, responsiveness, reliability, innovation and client relations.
Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year 2015 Finance Monthly Awards
FTI Consulting’s European Tax Advisory Team was named Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year in the Finance Monthly Tax Awards 2015. The Awards celebrate and recognise excellence across an increasingly diverse and dynamic tax industry, demonstrating its impact and importance. The achievements of Marvin Rust and Ruth Steedman in particular were named for the award.
UK Transfer Pricing & Tax Valuation Advisory Firm of the Year 2015
FTI Consulting’s European Tax Advisory Team named UK Transfer Pricing & Tax Valuation Advisory Firm of the Year by ACQ Acquisitions. The ACQ Global Awards recognise the achievements of those who are responding most successfully to the demands being placed on them in the new post-recession business environment and celebrate achievement, innovation and brilliance.