Investigations & Forensic Accounting
FTI Consulting helps clients overcome corporate governance challenges, assess enterprise risk and respond to disputes and regulatory enquiries. We conduct internal corporate investigations on whistleblower allegations, accounting fraud, financial misstatement and inadequate disclosure.
Our experts perform foreign corruption investigations and risk assessments, investigative due diligence, litigation intelligence and other internal and external fact-gathering services. We also provide independent technical accounting and SEC advisory services to domestic and foreign entities.
Our Service Offerings
Global Risk and Investigations Practice
Our Global Risk and Investigations Practice (GRIP) provides a suite of licensed investigative fact-gathering services for lawyers engaged in white-collar criminal defence investigations, complex commercial litigation, corporate internal investigations and regulatory proceedings. We investigate the factual accuracy of statements and representations, analyse complex fact patterns, discover hidden assets, track down witnesses and evaluate their credibility.
We provide investigative due diligence and risk assessment services for companies involved in:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Cross-border transactions
- Global investments
Our global investigative and forensic accounting experts conduct independent corporate internal investigations to help clients resolve a variety of issues including
- Whistleblower allegations
- Accounting fraud
- Financial misstatement
- Inadequate disclosure investigations
- Foreign corruption investigations
- Risk assessments
- Investigative due diligence
- Internal and external fact-gathering
- Audit and special committee investigations for boards
- DOJ, SEC, SFO and other regulatory investigations and enquiries
- Fraud and complex financial investigations
- Financial statement misrepresentations
- Improper or undisclosed related party transactions
- Embezzlement and kickbacks
- Fraudulent conveyances
- Misdirected or stolen assets
- Bank fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Bankruptcy fraud
- Ponzi schemes
- Anti-bribery and foreign corruption investigations and risk assessments
- Litigation intelligence and specialised fact-finding
- Asset searching and financial analysis
- Transactional intelligence and investigative due diligence
- Technical accounting services
- Assistance with auditors
- Securities litigation
- Independent internal controls and fraud risk assessments
- Compliance programme remediation
- Corporate monitor services
- Private Investigation
Forensic Accounting and Financial Investigations
FTI Consulting helps clients respond to investigations involving accounting and financial reporting. We react quickly and confidentially to safeguard assets and reputation, resolve matters with minimum disruption to the business and prevent recurrences by implementing effective controls. Our approaches enable us to prepare reports and presentations that stand up to the toughest scrutiny.
Our teams evaluate external information and analyse corporate books, records and electronic information, as well as conduct employee interviews. In addition, we assist with complex accounting and reporting requirements that arise from situations occurring outside of the normal course of business or that may be unique to an industry.
SEC Accounting and Advisory Services
We assist clients with all phases of SEC actions and litigation, including assessing claims made and preparing witnesses. Our testifying experts have typically given evidence both for and against the government, thereby enhancing credibility with juries and courts. Some of our seasoned accounting professionals have served with the SEC’s Enforcement Division and in the Office of the Chief Accountant.
Senior Managing Director