FCPA Survey by FTI Consulting Showcases Growing Data Privacy Challenge
Expert Advice on Key Issues, Including Costs, Foreign Blocking Statutes and State Secrets Laws
"Multinational investigations such as FCPA matters present complex challenges for legal teams, including data privacy laws, time pressures and language barriers," said
Among the report's key findings:
- Forty-eight percent of respondents have conducted investigations requiring data collection in
- Forty percent have spent more than USD
$500,000conducting multinational investigations.
- Fifty-four percent said data privacy is the #1 challenge for multinational investigations.
- Seventy-six percent expect an increase in data privacy requirements in the coming years.
With an increased focus on FCPA enforcement by the
To help meet this challenge, FTI Investigate reduces the complexity and risk of discovery, allowing corporate legal and compliance teams, as well as their law firms, to focus on legal strategy. FTI Investigate is a software and services package with three key components:
- On site: Because of the firm's global footprint, FTI Technology professionals can quickly deploy anywhere in the world to uncover data critical to an investigation. In most cases, the team can be up and running in less than a day. Clients benefit from control over their most sensitive data with the assurance that a defensible process is in place and in compliance with data privacy requirements.
- Technology: The FTI Technology team can collect, process and use portable implementations of the firm's award-winning e-discovery technology to review data without transferring the electronically stored information off-site to another jurisdiction. The highly scalable software enables the easy handling of volumes ranging from a few gigabytes to multiple terabytes of data.
- Global expertise: Clients benefit from the firm's extensive experience managing global matters, including in-country cultural awareness, multi-lingual capabilities and discrete execution processes that minimize disruption to clients' regular course of business. In addition, the forensic teams at FTI Technology have the credentials and experience to testify in local courts in support of collections protocols and methods.
For more information on FCPA and foreign investigations, please visit www.ftitechnology.com/investigate.
Shannon Sullivan, FTI Consulting, +1-206-373-6522, firstname.lastname@example.org